Monday, February 26, 2007

A Little Sunshine in The Middle of Winter

There's only two ways to get though winter in Western New York 1. drink or 2. deny that your cold and put on some reggae! Who am I kidding, you need a Red Stripe with that too. Here's one of my favorite soulful reggae covers. Its Jimmy Lindsay's 1978 version of Lionel's Easy. I can't help but be in a great mood with this one that I took from a UK Rewind Selecta compilation introduced to me on vinyl by my good friend Andy. I was fortunate to stumble across the same compilation on CD on my last trip to London at Intoxica, a stellar soul funk reggae shop in Notting Hill.
Taken from the same CD I've included Back A Yard from The In Crowd also from 1978 and Time Is The Master by the great John Holt from 1973. The sun will soon shine. Irie.
Jimmy Lindsay: Easy
In Crowd: Back A Yard
John Holt: Time Is The Master

No comments: