Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Listen Here

I've returned from my trip to NoLa with loads of goodies to share with you all. God bless The Music Factory on Decatur! Here is the first batch in no particular order.

Valorie Keys: Listen Here

I've absolutely fallen in love with this tune. It may be the easy going swing or the fluttering flute or maybe it harkens back to my childhood watching The Electric Company. This 1967 cover of an Eddie Harris track can be found on the BGP UK import FunkSoulSisters.

Bo Diddley: Ooh Baby

This 1966 Checker release is a house party favorite. The creativity Bo so often displayed is inspiring. He truly did his own thing with glorious results. Check out Bo's collection The Chess Box.

T.K.O.s: Fat Man

I guess I'm in an easy going mood this morning because here's another swinger. I don't have too much info on this piano driven track. If anyone has some insight please share. The liner notes list its release 1967, but the track list says 1965. Lets call it 1966 and just dig it!

No comments: