Thursday, October 18, 2007

Pledging My Love

Here's a special happy birthday post for my wife Alisen.

Aretha Franklin: Pledging My Love/The Clock

Here's one Alisen hasn't heard yet. It's a beautiful cover from the brand new Rhino collection entitled....(take a deep breath)...Aretha Franklin Rare & Unreleased Recordings from the Golden Reign of The Queen of Soul. This collection a real treasure and a must own for any fan of soul music.

James Brown: For Once In My Life

One of my wife and my's many favorites taken from JB's 1970 big band explosion Soul On Top. It's tough to beat Stevie's original but Mr. Brown sure comes close.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love you, too.

xxoo a

Anonymous said...

Well I never new about that Rare & Unreleased Aretha. If it's all as good as your choice I'm off to get myself a copy.

Many thanks

D